|Procatalepsis Meaning Examples|
Procatalepsis Table of Contents:-
- Sentence Examples
- Difference Between Prolepsis and Procatalepsis
- Usage in Everyday language
Procatalepsis Rhetorical Definition
|How to Pronounce Procatalepsis|
Mnemonic: TAM/TAP Talking from Audience Mind/Perspective
Procatalepsis Sentences Examples:Here are few famous examples of procatalepsis sentences are highlighted with explanation.
Many customer think expensive products are always of good quality but this is not true sometimes. on the contrary, there are several products that are affordable yet are of superior quality.
In the above example, the salesperson is getting
into customers' mind to perceive the customers' thought, "Many customers think..." but immediately
clarifies it by saying, "But this is not true sometimes..."
"You get several benefits when you buy this shirt. It is wrinkle free, stretchable, and you have a two year replacement guarantee. Above all, it comes with an affordable price. Now, you might ask, "How do you profit out of this", Answer is, "Customer satisfaction. In fact, we are targeting more customer acquisition than making profits alone"
ExplanationThe salesperson gets into the prospects' mind by asking "Now, you might ask" and then immediately clarifies it by saying, "customer satisfaction, in fact..."
"Now, you too can afford this luxurious apartment. Now, a question might arise from back of your head, "With my present salary, how can I afford it?", "You are right, but you can pay it through an EMI"
"Some of you might be wondering , is it possible to meet this stringent sales target. I would say, all that you need is determination"
Short Examples of Procatalepsis Phrases:
- You may ask
- Some of you might wonder
- I know what you are thinking
- You may misunderstand the concept
- Perhaps you know it already. So, why am I talking about it? Because many think...
- You already know that it is a proactive approach, however...
Difference Between Procatalepsis and Prolepsis
Though some books and sources claim procatalepsis and prolepsis as synonyms, there is a difference. Prolepsis is, "The representation of a thing as existing before it actually does or did so". Prolepsis is just an assumption while the function of procatalepsis answers your assumption. Examples of prolepsis:
- Don't get me wrong, but
Difference Between Prolepsis and
- I'm not saying you don't know how to do it, I'm saying...
- I may be rude, but...
- Promise me that you don't feel bad...
- No offense, but
- Don't take this in a wrong way, but
- I may be too personal but...
Difference Between Procatalepsis and Hypophora
Unlike procatalepsis, in hypophora figure of speech there will be a question raised by the writer and will immediately be answered.
Example of a Hypophora
Why do we all take so much effort to make money? Not just to satisfy our needs but also to help others.
Example of a Procatalepsis
You'll be wondering why people take so much effort to make money. I will tell you, not just to satisfy our needs but also to help others.
Why Procatalepsis? usage in Everyday LanguageThe purpose of Procatalepsis:
- to persuade someone
- to empathize or sympathize with someone
- to show assertiveness
- to show politeness and kindness
- to build rapport
- as transition phrases to jump from one topic to another during a presentation
- to receive or give feedback.
- While narrating stories or anecdotes
- As a persuasive statement
- When you're introducing yourself
- As transition statements in speech
- As presentation attention getter
- While giving compliments
- During assertive communication
- When you like to say, "NO" politely
- Delivering persuasive presentation
- When you are giving feedback
- While resolving interpersonal conflicts
Procatalepsis Summary PPT:
|Procatalepsis Meaning Examples|
A Quick Video on Procatalepsis
|Procatalepsis Figure of Speech Examples|
Besides prosody of your speech, use of figure of speech is yet another interesting creative language skill, a vital interpersonal skill, that brings tone, color and elegance during any presentation or effective communication. Like zuegma, irony, paradox, onomatopoeia and pun, procatalepsis statements is one of the simplest figure of speeches that can be used to bring humor, and liveliness to any speech.